Order Careprsot online Best price
Careprost Eyedrop is an ophthalmic cosmetic drug used to make the eyelashes look beautiful and healthier, by making the lashes grow longer, thicker and darker. If applied daily once on upper eyelash line, usually shows result after two month’s application.
A brief History of Careprost :
Bimatoprost optical solution (0.03%) , was initially prescribed to treat Glaucoma. Repeated and prolonged use of this solution showed a cosmetic side effect. It induced increased growth of eyelashes, resulting in longer, darker and healthier lashes. Lumigan®, a product of Allergan, was approved by FDA in 2001 for treating Glaucoma. The patients using Lumigan for a period of time reported increased growth of eyelashes as a side-effect. Subsequently, in 2008 Allergan got the same formula approved for a new indication called Hypotrichosis (inadequate eyelashes). In 2005, Sun pharma came out with a cheaper generic version of Latisse®, called Careprost®, available worldwide. Careprost ® is available since June 2012 from Emkay Corporation India. Careprost is generic equivalent for careprost from India and manufactured using highest quality raw material, packing materials and following WHO Good Manufacturing Practices norms.
What is Careprost used for?
Careprost is used for increasing the growth of eyelashes. Hypotrichosis is a congenital deficiency of hair, including eyelashes. Careprost activates the growth, length, thickness of the lashes.
How to use Careprost ?
Before applying Careprost , the face should be washed and cleaned. The contact lenses should be removed. A disposable sterile applicator has to be used for each eye and cannot be reused after one usage. One drop of Careprost (Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% has to be placed on the disposable sterile applicator and applied evenly at the base of the eyelashes along the skin of the upper eyelid margin. Care should be taken so that the areas of the growth of eyelashes are slightly moist and there is no runoff.
Any excess solution should be blotted with tissue or any absorbent cloth. No other applicator should be used other than the one provided with solution.
How to handle the packaged drug and the brush provided along with it?
The solution containing bottle should be kept intact, the tip of the bottle or the brush should not be contaminated from fingers or any unintended surface, to avoid any kind of ocular bacterial infection. The brush or the applicator should not reused.
Contaminated solution and applicator can cause serious infection. Proper care should be taken to avoid any kind of contamination, whatsoever. [Picture of your product along with the applicator can be inserted]
How does Careprost work?
Bimatoprost is a structural prostaglandin analog. It is a compound derived from fatty acids and has the capacity to bind to prostaglandin (PG) receptors in the hair, particularly in the outer sheath of the hair follicle. However, the precise mechanism of action is not known.
The growth of eyelashes is believed to occur by increasing the percentage of hairs in the anagen or the growth phase of the hair follicle and also increases the duration of the anagen or growth phase. This mechanism makes the hair longer and thicker. This action also stimulates pigmentation in the skin and hair follicles.
Human studies done to prove the safety and efficacy
Bimatoprost solution .003 % was tried on 278 adults in a multicenter, double masked, randomized, vehicle-controlled, parallel study. The efficacy of the drug was evaluated on the basis of an increase in overall eyelash prominence as assessed by at least a 1-grade increase on the 4-point Global Eyelash Assessment (GEA) scale.
The duration of the study was 16 weeks. A statistically significant difference between the active solution and the vehicle was seen from 8-week on wards. The table below shows the difference in percentage of subjects showing at least a 1- grade increase from baseline to the end of study on GEA scale between the groups receiving Bimatiprost and the vehicle.
Percentage of Subjects with at Least a 1-grade Increase from Baseline in Global Eyelash Assessment (Primary Efficacy Endpoint – Week 16)
|N = 137||N = 141|
|N (%)||N (%)|
|1||7 (5%)||3 (2%)|
|4||20 (15%)||11 (8%)|
|8||69 (50%)||21 (15%)|
|12||95 (69%)||28 (20%)|
|16||107 (78%)||26 (18%)|
What are possible side effects?
- As this drug is used for treating glaucoma, it might to some extent lower the intraocular pressure of the eye. However, the level of reduction will not be clinically harmful.
- There could be hyper pigmentation of the iris due to Bimatoprost solution. The iris might have an increased brown pigmentation, which could possibly be permanent.
- Patient might have unexpected increased hair growth if the solution repeatedly comes in contact with the same area outside the treatment area.
Warnings or things to keep in mind while using Careprost !.
- Careprost should not be applied to the eye or to the lower eyelid.
- Proper application method should be employed. The possibility of unintended hair growth on the surrounding skin can be avoided by wiping off the solution from the area outside the treatment area.
- All the possible side effects should be discussed with the physician prior to application of this solution.
- If any of these side effects persist or worsen, the patients should immediately consult their physician.
- Patients allergic to any of the ingredients should not use the product.
- Patients who are on IOP lowering medication should not use this product without consultation of their physician.
- If there is any kind of trauma or infection in the eye or a sudden decrease in visual acuity or develop an ocular reactions like conjunctivitis, eyelid reaction, patients must
- immediately consult the physician on continued use of Careprost .
- Patients using contact lenses should remove their lenses before applying Careprost , as it contains benzalkonium chloride, which may be absorbed by soft contact lenses. The lenses can be reinserted 15 minutes after the application.
- In case the patients using Careprost performs an eye pressure test, the physician should be informed.
What are the ingredients in Careprost ?
Active ingredient: Bimatoprost Inactive ingredients: benzalkonium chloride; sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified water. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from 6.8 – 7.8.